Company founder and team leader
Although he also was involved in the startup of Moose Boats, for the past 20 years Cory has been most well known in the industry as a partner in Armstrong Marine, where he managed the construction of over 1200 vessels for the leisure, commercial, government and sport fishing sectors. In 2015 he formed his own company, Armstrong Consolidated, LLC (parent company of ACI Boats and Gold Star Marine), so he could fulfill his vision of building a unique line of recreational welded aluminum boats in the 24’ to 60’ range.
Cory is a USCG 100 Ton Master with an Auxiliary Sail & Towing Endorsement, logging sea time in waters around the world. He is also a certified welder, private pilot and scuba diver. A strong believer in designing and implementing business and production processes that work, Cory is an advocate for Lean Manufacturing and in 2014 became a certified ISO auditor.
• AWS, USCG & CWB Certified Welder
• Society of Naval Architects & Marine Engineers
• Garthside Naval Academy (Sydney, B.C.): Naval Architecture
• Commercial Driver’s License (Washington State)
• Canadian and US Private Pilot
• PADI Scuba Diver Certified
• USCG 100 Ton Master with Auxiliary Sail & Towing Endorsement
• ISO Certified Auditor
• Northwest Marine Trade Association
• American Boat and Yacht Council
• National Federation of Independent Business
• Sea Plane Pilots Association
• Dual Citizenship (US & Canada)